La Mexicana Albina - That's me!

Sometimes I think I was born on the wrong side of the border... or that my heart thinks that it is Mexican, although my body is definitely Gringa! Will I actually post to a blog, when I can barely bring myself to write once a month in my journal? We shall see...

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Still kicking...

It seems like everyone I know who blogs has taken a break from blogging in the last couple of weeks... me included. I am still alive and kicking, so to speak. It seems that we are pretty much over the illnesses... knock on wood... but in some ways, I am worried about Ma. She has still been sleeping a lot, and missed 3 days of school last week as well because of high fevers (103-104-ish) but wasn't complaining of any pain. When she went to the Dr. They just said that her tonsils were a little swollen, but nothing else seemed wrong. Last night was Parent-Teacher night at school, and she is doing very well, as usual, even with the missed days, but her teachers have noticed that she is more quiet and withdrawn than usual. She is always extremely well-behaved at school, but is also usually very bubbly and enthusiastic to be around her friends, especially at recess. I don't know if it is a matter of her still not feeling 100%, or if there is something going on (bullying, drama, etc.) at school, but her teacher wondered if she has been checked for Mono. I don't think she has, but if she keeps sleeping as much as she is now, I will definitely be contacting her doctor to ask about that.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... I'm trying to clean up my desk/office area. A daunting task, but already it is starting to look better. I'm trying to organize my yarn, and crocheted myself a cute little case to keep my hooks and yarn needles in. I'll have to make something bigger for my knitting needles, but This one is small enough for me to carry around with or without my purse, if I choose. I'll post some pics once I get the hooks into it to show it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home