La Mexicana Albina - That's me!

Sometimes I think I was born on the wrong side of the border... or that my heart thinks that it is Mexican, although my body is definitely Gringa! Will I actually post to a blog, when I can barely bring myself to write once a month in my journal? We shall see...

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Note to self....

... never, ever, skip getting the kids their flu shots again! This past week has been absolutely miserable. When we finally took the kids to the Dr on Wed, the verdict was that all of them have the Flu, but the oldest 2 also have pneumonia,, and G. is croupy too. Only the baby had "just" the flu. Which of course means, that Ev and I both have the flu as well, and man are we miserable! I feel like I've been beaten with a baseball bat, and I can't decide whether it is my lungs that hurt or just the muscles in my back. I would give a lot right now to have a hot tub or one of those cool jetted tubs to relax in, but no such luck. Maybe in my next lifetime... or in other words, after the kids are grown and gone...

Actually, we are planning on eventually adding on to this house, although I'm not sure it wouldn't be easier just to tear it down and start over. But we figure we really don't want to have to move again any time soon. So we think we will just modify what we have to meet our needs. The attic playroom/office is plenty big enough for the 3 girls to use as their bedroom, once we get the heating/cooling issues up there worked out. It runs the full length of the house. The small bedroom on the main floor would work well for Mo. and the larger bedroom is fine for us. Basically, we need to add another bathroom (or two), and office, and preferably a bigger kitchen. Then, if we replace the windows and the siding (and add some insulation while we're at it), we'll be all set! All that shouldn't take more than what? 50 or 60 grand? Actually, I have no idea how much that would cost... I'm still in the dreaming stage of it.

Our first savings project though is our trip to Mexico. My in-laws are in their mid- to upper- seventies, so we know that if we want our kids to get to know them, we need to do it sooner rather than later. So we are saving our pennies to be able to make the trip to visit them this year. We are aiming for Summertime while the kids are out of school, but if needed we will pull them out of school in December and go down for Christmas.

Well, I had better get off the computer and go try and get some housework done. Ev took the baby out to runs some errands, so if I can round up the girls to help, we should be able to make an impact on the rubble. (My living room looks like it has been hit by a tornado, or should I say 3 hurricanes and a tornado!) lol!

1 Comments:

At March 15, 2009 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

If it makes you feel any better, we got our flu shots. It didn't help.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home