La Mexicana Albina - That's me!

Sometimes I think I was born on the wrong side of the border... or that my heart thinks that it is Mexican, although my body is definitely Gringa! Will I actually post to a blog, when I can barely bring myself to write once a month in my journal? We shall see...

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Yeah, yeah... I know, I've said it before...

But I really need to get back into keeping some sort of record, whether it be a written journal or a blog... I also am needing to document and be accountable to myself at the very least for the fitness/lifestyle change that I need to make, starting now. So expect more posts in the near future... just don't hold your breathe waiting for them to come on a regular basis!

Now that we have gotten THAT out of the way, let me share the latest and greatest news, (which you all know about already, but bear with me...) the birth of our 5th child, and 2nd son, Nefi Everardo... after almost 12 years of saying that he couldn't stand his name, because no one can pronounce it or spell it correctly, Ev decided that he wanted a "junior"... I know, technically just having the middle name be after him, is not a Junior, but it works in his mind, so I'm not going to argue. Nefi was born 11/14/11 at 2:43 pm weighing in at 8lbs, 9.5oz, and measuring 21" long... yeah, he is long, and he was really quite big considering he was almost 2 weeks early. He was born via c-section due to his being breech and then our finding out that my amniotic fluid levels were dropping dramatically for unknown reasons. (so they were not able to attempt to turn him manually before birth.) He was NOT the 9 lbs 2 oz that they tried to tell me he was according to the ultrasound 3 days before he was born, but honestly, I think I would have been happier if he had been! I'm used to having chunky babies, and although he is my 2nd biggest in weight and tied for longest with Maria, he looks so skinny! He did lose quite a bit of weight at first, which took him almost a month to recover, but he is up to about 9 lbs now, at 5 wks old, but he still doesn't have the baby rolls that I am used to. He is filling out more, so there is hope! What he is, though is very interesting, because he is FURRY! No joke! He has peach fuzz on his face, but a LOT of lanugo (which really looks like fur) on his shoulders, back, etc... He is exceedingly good-tempered, and sleeps well most of the time (knock on wood!) He is a joy and a huge blessing to our family. The other kids all love him dearly... even Moroni, who was unsure at first, is now in love with his little brother.

We are almost ready for Christmas, so I'll just close this post with a few pictures of Nefi, just to reward you for reading for so long! :)

This is Friday right before we went in for our appointment to try to turn him.

 This is the design on a shirt that a friend gave us for the baby... it made me laugh so hard!
 Christmas lights reflected in his eye...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 
from the Perez Family!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home